Q. I am able to access a website that is supposed to be blocked.
1. In case you haven't verified, please check that you are signed up for our additional filtering service.
Go to your WebChaver account home page and check that it says your filtering service is 'Enabled'. If it's not enabled, you can add it to your account here.
2. Next, let's verify that your filter is working at all. Try to visit this site: covenanteyesfilter.com. If that website is blocked, the filter is working (continue to #3).
If that website is not blocked, then your filter isn't working.
One thing to try here is to make sure that you are running the most up-to-date version of Covenant Eyes. To do that, click on the app icon and select 'check for upgrade' (or check the App Store to see if a more recent version is available). Install the upgrade and then try the link above to test the filter.
If the filter still isn't working, then please Contact Webchaver support (email@example.com) and we'll help you out with that.
3. If you're filter works, but you can still access the site you're trying to block, there are a few possibilities:
a. If you just recently added the site to your block list, you need to restart your device or refresh Covenant Eyes.
- To refresh Covenant Eyes click on the Covenant Eyes icon and select 'Refresh Covenant Eyes'.
c. There are many sites that have more than one website domain name associated with them (for example, YouTube uses four domains). To ensure that you've blocked the site, you need to add all of the domain names to your 'block list'. To find out if any additional domain names are used by a site you are trying to block, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click HERE for a list of common sites that require adding additional domains to your block list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.