We try our best to limit conflicts with other applications on your computer. However, because other applications need to access the Internet, software conflicts can happen.
- This page covers software compatibility. If you would like to know if your device works with WebChaver, please click HERE.
The following filter systems are compatible with WebChaver:
- Gentech (Except for Androids)
- Techloq (Only supports Windows. Verify that you are running the latest version of Techloq)
- Purifeye (verified for Windows, not for Android)
- Netfree (CE filtering will not work alongside - though it won't cause errors. Accountability will work)
Filters that are NOT compatible:
In general, filters other than the Covenant Eyes filter will conflict with WebChaver. Specifically, the following filters are known to be incompatible:
Antivirus and Firewalls
Tip: Turning off the computer’s antivirus before you install Covenant Eyes is highly recommended and can help ensure smooth installation and avoid future issues.
Antivirus programs use the terms “Exceptions” or “Exclusions” for setting up special permissions. Putting the following six Covenant Eyes files in such a category (Exceptions/Exclusions) is your way of configuring the antivirus program so the Covenant Eyes program can run without interference from that antivirus. Basically, you are telling the firewall or antivirus software that Covenant Eyes is “safe.”
Click the following links for a list of programs that are compatible with Covenant Eyes. Configuration is usually necessary and highly recommended. Click HERE for recommendations (Windows only).
Known Compatibility Issues
The following programs are known to present compatibility issues with Covenant Eyes.
- BitDefender—compatibility is nuanced; contact our Support team.
- Endpoint/Enterprise/Managed—when those words are in the name, it’s a strong indicator that the antivirus and/or firewall is controlled by an IT dept or a computer specialist. We are happy to provide to the member, through email, the necessary information about files, URLs and IP addresses. He/she can then relay that to the IT department or “computer guy.”
- Sophos—no longer compatible with Internet Accountability and Windows computers. Compatibility is fine for Screen Accountability™ and Windows computers.
- Other conflicts include any other monitoring/filtering software installed. This includes some parental controls. These must be removed in order for Covenant Eyes to function.
Please sign in to leave a comment.