The Covenant Eyes program is designed to block access to the internet until a user signs into the program. This ensures all activity will be monitored and on that user's account.
A windows update, conflicting antivirus, or another filter may interfere with CE's (Covenant Eye)'s ability to connect to the internet.
Things to try:
1. Make sure you are logged into the CE program.
a. You can check this by hovering the mouse over the CE icon in the notification area of the screen.
b. Right-click the icon and click Sign in, if you are not signed in yet (You may need to click the up arrow on a Windows computer to see all of the icons)
2. Your antivirus or firewall on your computer could be interfering with CE.
- To resolve an issue with your personal antivirus or firewall, follow these instructions: https://www.covenanteyes.com/support-articles/antivirus/
- To request from your internet service provider or WiFi network manager to allow CE to run past
3. Do you have another filter on your computer?
- Click here to see a list of those filters that are known to be compatible with CE: FILTERS
4. Is your internet service provider running a filter or firewall? Alternatively, if you are connected to a WiFi network, the network's firewall may be blocking CE.
- Click here to see how to request permission from your internet service provider or your WiFi network manager to allow Covenant Eyes to run: REQUEST TO ALLOW CE
Reinstall the Covenant Eyes program:
a. Here are the instructions for uninstalling:
b. Then download and run the installation. Here are the instructions:
4. If that doesn't help, contact WebChaver support.
In the title of the email, include the words "locked out". Describe your issue and what steps you have already tried. Include your phone number as well. An agent will get back to you soon.